Lonely Planet Thailand is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Sample the nightlife of Bangkok, explore the World Heritage temple ruins at Ayuthaya, or indulge in a beachfront Thai massage on a coral-fringed island; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Thailand and begin your journey now!
- Color maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - customs, history, politics, literature, cinema, music, art, environment, wildlife, cuisine
- Free, convenient pull-out Bangkok map (included in print version), plus over 120 maps.
- Covers Chiang Mai Province, Northern Thailand, Northeastern Thailand, Central Thailand, Bangkok, Ko Chang, Eastern Seaboard, Hua Hin, Southern Gulf, Phuket, Andaman Coast, Ko Samui, Lower Gulf and more
|Date Published||August 1, 2014
|Dimensions||7.7 x 5 x 1.3 in