The problem is that you never see it coming on the Diamond. One moment you’re climbing vertical, east-facing granite at 13,000 feet. The next you’re staring at heavy, dark clouds boiling over the summit from the west. Seconds later, lightning cracks. The Alpine Houdini®, with improved fabric that now meets Patagonia's H2No® Performance Standard, has an ultralight 100% nylon ripstop shell with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish and a waterproof/breathable membrane. It's emergency rainwear for climbing that also blocks wind and traps your heat on chilly belay ledges; packs into a single chest pocket (now on the exterior of the jacket; with clip-in loop); and seals up with elastic wrist cuffs and a single-pull drawcord waist. With helmet-compatible, single-pull adjustable hood.
- Ultralight 2.5-layer waterproof/breathable H2No® Performance Standard shell fabric. Fabric is bluesign® approved
- Coated, watertight center-front zipper has minimal interior storm flap; taped seams throughout entire garment
- Alpine helmet-compatible hood with laminated visor and single-pull adjustment rolls down and stows with a simplified cord-and-hook design
- Exterior left chest pocket with coated, watertight zipper doubles as self-stuff pouch with streamlined shape and carabiner clip-in loop
- Elasticized cuffs and a minimal single-pull adjustable drawcord hem seal out weather
|Fabric||H2No® Performance Standard shell: 1.8-oz 30-denier 100% nylon ripstop with a waterproof/breathable membrane and a DWR (durable water repellent) finish. Fabric is bluesign® approved
|Weight||178 g (6.3 oz)